Saturday, October 4, 2008

Overtime

While almost everyone in this world is asleep... I was working! Yes! 16 hours straight. Can you imagine? I came to work on Oct 3rd at around 2:30pm then went home on Oct 4th at 7:00AM. Haha. My eye bags had gotten big and puffy. Anyway, this is what happened 10pm of Oct 3rd...

Me: (answered the phone) "Unit 30, how can I help you?"
Sam: (my co-worker) "Who's working with me tonight on NOCS?"
Me: "Hold on, lemme get the projection sheet"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Me: "Okay, for tonight, it will be YOU, Tina, Annie, and Joseph.
Sam: "What??! Tina is off today and Annie is on vacation!"
Me: "Errr.. it says on this projection sheet they're working tonight"
Sam: "No, they're not! Get the staffing book"
Me: went to get the staffing book
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Me: "Oh yeah, You're right. So what are we gonna do now? We're down 2 staff!"
Sam: "Calm down, it will be alright. We only need two people so you and Joy will be mandated"
Me: "Huh?! Another 8 hours?"
Sam: "Yeah, is there any staff there that can work for another 8 hours?"
Me: "No.. (pouts while looking at the clock) Okay then, I guess I'll work"
Sam: "Alright. See you there!"
Me: hangs up the phone, still thinking.

After working for 16 hours, I realized, it wasn't really that bad. Maybe I'll get use to it. It was actually fun because the patients were asleep, all I have to do is make rounds, check the patients and that's about it. It wasn't as crazy as my regular shift. I might work again for 16 hours next week. Haha. More money.

I really need a good eyecream if I will be working NOCS a lot. My body will be flooded by caffeine to help me stay awake, and caffeine is known to cause dark circles around the eyes (don't ask me why or how, I don't know! I just read in an article that caffeine can cause dark circles). Any suggestion?

Oh yeah, wearing contacts can be a pain. My eyes get irritated a lot for lack of moisture. I have to use eyedrops a couple of times at work. My mascara gave me a raccoon look. I need a waterfreakinproof mascara and eyeliner!

Another "scrub day" at work. :) The husband said I looked innocent in this picture. Haha! This picture was taken the day I got mandated to work for another 8 hours. As you noticed, I haven't been using bright make up/eyeshadows. I hardly use any make up at all. I just feel lazy.

MAKE UP USED IN THIS PICTURE:

FACE:
Benefit "That Gal" Brightening Primer
Benefit "Benetint" for blush
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC35

EYES:
HIP Cream Liner to line top of the lashes
MAC Pro Long Lash Mascara

LIPS:

Benefit "Benetint" for lip stain
CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Exfoliator



This is taken today. I only have 4 hours of sleep due to working overtime last night :p So excuse me if I look so tired in this picture. I was also in a hurry because I was already late. Haha! I used the same make up as yesterday's but I excluded the MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder. The only thing I put on my face is the Benefit "That Gal" Brightening Primer which I'm loving right now!


So, yeah I better get some sleep now.. I'll see you guys on my next entry! Zzzzzzzz

0 comments em “Overtime”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger