Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Truth about IQQU?

Note: I am not here to ruin anybody's reputation. This is merely an updated review about a product I have reviewed in the past, and everything is based on my experience. I have friends and family who wants to buy these products so I felt that I needed to go back again and re-review them. Please read everything first before you leave any negative comment. Thank you!

On my Skin Care Routine: http://withadriyah.blogspot.com/2011/01/skin-care-routine.html, I have mentioned some products that did not work for me. Almost everyone know that sometime last year, I have purchased and reviewed IQQU Products by Michelle Phan. Here is my Beauty Review for it: http://withadriyah.blogspot.com/2010/02/beauty-review-iqqu-acne-serum-and.html


Why am I touching this topic again? Or why am I reviewing a product I have reviewed in the past?

 Because a lot of people I know (friends and some are even family) wants to purchase these products AND I have never told them NOT TO because I know people have different skin type and it might work for them. Who knows right? It could just have been me that broke out using these products.

I never did my research on these products before trying. I just trusted Michelle Phan and thought, "wow, she uses this! and she has gorgeous skin!" I know, it's not a good idea to just think that just because someone popular advertises a product, it's already good. I always have a disclaimer or note when reviewing products like "try this at your own risk because whatever works for me, might not work for you"

I never even thought about FDA regulations as I know FDA doesn't review cosmetics (or do they?). I'm not even sure if they review skin care? But I never knew that IQQU is under the drug category until I started reading this article about IQQU on the tumblr about Michelle Phan. No wonder it has an NDC (National Drug Code).

Michelle Phan advertised a sale on her IQQU products last November and somebody commented on her facebook about IQQU not FDA approved.



image from michellephail.tumblr.com


image from michellephail.tumblr.com


image from michellephail.tumblr.com


OKAY SO SHE CLAIMED IT AS US FDA APPROVED.

image from michellephail.tumblr.com


1-888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332)
FDA confirmed that the only IQQU product that was reviewed by FDA is the ACNE SERUM and they labeled it as "not safe and effective"  the other IQQU products has not been reviewed. FDA stated that its FRAUD to claim that a product is US FDA approved when its not.
"If the product is not in the FDA approved list, then the results will state no matching records found just like the other IQQU products"


So, what its the truth about IQQU? Is it really safe to use? Would your risk using it knowing that US FDA labeled it as not safe & effective?




image from michellephail.tumblr.com


Michelle Phan recently claimed that she no longer own IQQU (but then deleted this comment afterwards). Now she changed what she said and is claiming that it is approved by FDA Asia? but complies in FDA US? It confuses me because in one of her statement, she was sure IT IS US FDA APPROVED!

image from michellephail.tumblr.com

It was deemed unsafe. You can read more information about IQQU Acne Serum here: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=34402

In my experience, IQQU does not have a great customer service as Ms. Phan claimed because they never answered my concerns about the mineral oil on their Jasmin Rice Product.

I don't question to why Ms. Phan is no longer the owner of IQQU. I question her for claiming that IQQU products are US FDA then changed her statement afterwards.

I hope this serves a lesson for all of us. Do more research when trying out a different product. Just because the owner is popular, or has "great skin" doesn't mean its a good product. Please do your research. 

To everyone, there you have it, please consider all the PROS and CONS of a product before trying it.

Note: This is about IQQU products and not about Michelle Phan. There is no way I'm trying to "trash talk" this guru. Every screened capped pictures above were from her facebook. The only topic I'm touching is the IQQU products as I have bought, used those products and had my own experience with it.

0 comments em “Truth about IQQU?”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger