Monday, November 3, 2008

CCO Haul and Oatmeal Mask

Hi guys! Finally I was able to join the Gothic Lolita Look Contest. Go to Ms. Tia's page to view the other contestants. I had fun doing this contest, so even if I don't win, its okay. :D
I'm here right now at my parents' house so I was able to take a picture of the palette I got at the CCO. They were originally $38 (I think?) at Nordstrom. They are called the Colourforms Palette. I wanted the Warm Palette (which is the palette I got) when they released it but I coudn't justify myself on buying it. Good thing I waited because I got this at the CCO for only $26 something. :)

I also got the MAC 217 Brush for only $15 something :) They say, you only need the 217 brush for eyeshadows and you're good to go, because you can use that brush for the lid, crease and highlight. We'll see. This is my 1st full size MAC brush. Haha. Wanting some more...

Anyway, OMG I hate this time of the month. Ladies know what I'm talking about. (I know, TMI!) but this red thing kills everything! My mood, my hormones, my skin! Ahhhh! *screams* I mean, I get so moody and get mad at the husband for nothing, eat like theres no tomorrow, will not want to do anything because the tummy hurts or head hurts, feels lazy, feels bloated, feels ugly and the worst part?? PIMPLES! Grrr! Yeah, I have some dots on my forehead and one on the cheek. I hate them all. I don't wanna take pictures. :( Its been raining all day. That's another one that adds up to my sadness. I don't know, everytime it rains, I don't feel like going out, then I feel sad.. My problems right now sounds shallow but I know you ladies feel this too at times :(

Also since its been cold (61 degrees the most), my skin is becoming dry everyday so I slather a good amount of moisturizer every night. The Benefit Dear John Moisturizer seems like its doing its work, because when I wake up in the morning, my face looks moisturized and glooming. I also treat my skin with some Home made DIY face scrubs/mask/cleanser. It feels good to pamper yourself once in awhile. I learned some of the DIYs online and did a research on them and tried them on my face. Its working and I'm loving it. :)

One of the home made DIY scrub/mask that I use is the Oatmeal Mask. I use this everyday for a week whenever I get the devil red thing once a month. It helps me relieve my dry and acne-prone skin. It also helps me dry my hormonal acne faster than the Origins Spot Remover.

Ingredients of Oatmeal Mask:
4 TBS of Oatmeal
2 TBS of Honey
1 Egg White

I mixed them all together and refrigerate them for 10 minutes or until its frozen cold. Then I apply the mixture all over my face using a foundation brush (example: MAC 290 brush). It will feel refreshingly cold onto your face. :) Then I wait for it to dry then I wash it off with cold water. Ahhh. Feels good afterwards. My skin feels moisturized and soft. Then I apply a good amount of moisturizer.

Benefits of these Ingredients for the Skin:
1. Oatmeal - Some of the lotions out there like Aveeno contains oatmeal and it contains skin-soothing properties that relieves itching and dryness of the skin and can help with minor skin irritations which is very good for sensitive skin. It also creates a barrier, protecting our skin from harmful bacterias out there. It is also a great gentle exfoliator and helps removes impurities and surface dirt that causes acne.

2. Honey - It has anti microbial properties that can relieve skin irritations like Oatmeal. It also has the ability to retain water, thus, moisturizing our face. It also helps fight the damage that the Ultra violet rays from the sun caused. It is rich with antioxidant that is good for the sensitive/acne-prone skin. It also has the ability to treat acne fast.

3. Egg White - It was proven to narrow your pores and tighten your skin and helps reduce wrinkles. When applied, you'll feel the tightening right away. It also helps lighten the dark spots on your face.

Sometimes, I substitute the Egg White to Yogurt. Yogurt has lactic acid which helps soothes and tighten your skin. It also has anti microbial and anti-fungal properties which helps removes bacteria from your skin. It is very recommended for dry skins.

Now, I am not here to convince you try this mask. If you are allergic to the said ingredients, please don't try this mask. If you are skeptical, ask your dermatologist first or do your own research. If you want to try it, apply a small amount of the mask on a little part of your face to test any reactions. Try it at your own risk.

I'll show you guys a picture of me before I started this mask. Of course, its not the mask ONLY that helps my skin get better. The other skincare products that I use daily helps me to achieve a better skin. I feel embarassed showing you guys this picture. Haha. Its so ugly. :/ Click to enlarge and see how ugly my skin was!

I mean, if you are to compare it now, my skin is a lot better than before. Haha. I used to use heavy foundations like MAC Studio Fix Fluid and slather my face with lots of powder and concealer. Now, I barely use concealer then I don't use anymore foundations. I'm happy I was able to take care of my skin before its too late. Of course, taking vitamins helped too.

Alright, I better sleep now. I still have to go to work tomorrow so I can support my spending habits. Haha. Hope you guys have a great day tomorrow. Nighty! :)

0 comments em “CCO Haul and Oatmeal Mask”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger