Thursday, January 27, 2011

Beauty Review: YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in Noir Radical

Ok, so I don't normally spend so much money on mascaras as you know we are suppose (yeah I really never do it) to throw our mascaras every 3 months, so that's why I usually don't like spending so much on mascaras, but I kept hearing "Oh YSL Faux Cils is such a great mascara! it's worth every penny!" So it made me curious and I finally got it during the FF Sephora Sale but didn't want to use it yet until this week. Hahaha!

I love wearing mascara! I feel like this is a must have for every girl out there. A weapon so we can all bat our lashes and feel pretty ^_^

image credited to sephora.com

Description from Sephora.com:
☛ An Award-winning, volumizing mascara.

☛ Yves Saint Laurent MASCARA VOLUME EFFET FAUX CILS Luxurious Mascara achieves an intense, dramatic lash look in a single stroke, for lashes that stop traffic with the blink of an eye. Its secret is the Triple-Film Complex: a film-coating for intensity, a conditioning film for curve, and a fixing film for long-lasting effectiveness.

☛The brush applicator combines nylon fibers of varying diameters for luxurious volume enhancement as never before. 

Price: $30 (yeah pretty expensive for a mascara!)

It comes with 9 different shades of color. I personally like 9 Noir Radical
click to enlarge
Here is my bare lashes. As you can see, I do have some lashes but they aren't long, not even thick. They're very thin and you can barely see them. Not much lashes on the bottom too.


Here's my lashes after 2 coats of YSL Faux Cils mascara. Noticed the difference as it got longer, thicker, more visible than the picture above.


It is a nice mascara to have. I love how it makes my lashes look longer and thicker. I think that a cheaper alternative to this is the  Buxom Lashes which is only $18. I have tried Buxom and its also as great as the YSL Faux Cils. :)


You can see that it can get clumpy. That's one CON i can think of, oh and also the price I guess, because I feel like this mascara is so expensive.


Overall, I will repurchase. It's nice to have a high end mascara every now and then :P Blame me for being vain but my lashes deserves it! hahaha!! Just playing :)



Here's me wearing the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils





FTC: I am not affiliated with Yves Saint Laurent and or Sephora or Sephora.com. I am not getting paid to do this post and the above mascara is purchased by my own money.

0 comments em “Beauty Review: YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger