Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beauty Review: MUFE HD Microfinish Powder


NOTE: Try this product at your own risk. If it works for me, it does not mean it will work for you too. Everyone has different types of skin. My skin consists of dry -combination - sensitive type of skin. Also if you are allergic to Silica Powder, please don't use this! If irritation occurs while using this product, stop immediately and consult a dermatologist!

Image and Information from: Sephora.com


MAKE UP FOREVER HD MICROFINISH POWDER


According to Sephora.com, MUFE HD MICROFINISH POWDER is a universal transulent powder to be applied over foundation or worn alone. Sets the foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours.

This 100% mineral silica powder softens the appearance of imperfections. Completely evens out the complexion for a glowing, radiant look. One universal shade for all skin tones. It's completely translucent and goes on any skintone. Its talc-free formula does not dry the skin and is formulated with 100% silica. Dermatologically tested.

PROS:
  • Very sheer coverage, so lightweight. You won't even feel that you are wearing any powder
  • Anybody can wear it! Any skintone! It won't leave you that "white cast" that sometimes appear on the pictures when you are wearing a foundation or powder
  • Does not have any weird smell
  • It's dermatologically tested, and I didn't break out using it
  • Looks really great in pictures. Looks like I have small pores. Yes it's a Pore Minimizer
  • Skin feels so soft and smooth whenever I use this
  • Makes my skin looking flawless without the heaviness of a foundation
  • Keeps your skin looking matte and not oily
  • Great for oily skin - it absorbs oil!
  • Its long lasting. I didn't have to re-apply this powder, considering I work 16 hours at times

I am wearing the MUFE HD Microfinish Powder in this picture.

I am also wearing the MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer in Blue and you can read my review here: http://withadriyah.blogspot.com/2009/08/beauty-review-mufe-hd-microperfecting.html



CONS:
  • Very expensive. For $30, I personally think you can get the same product somewhere else like M.A.C. or Coastalscents as I believe Silica powder will be always Silica Powder whatever the brand is. But then I could be wrong. I tried the M.A.C. Powder and feels the same as my MUFE Powder but I got the MUFE one just because I have the Sephora discount they sent me.
  • Very messy. The Powder can go anywhere. If you are wearing a black dress/shirt, it will go all over it, and will look like you have a dandruff problem ;/
  • Can be drying. When you have dry skin, make sure to use a very creamy moisturizer before putting this

OVERALL:
  • It is a decent powder. I like it very much, but like I said, you can get this cheaper somewhere else. Of course it won't be "MAKE UP FOREVER" but then its the same Silica Powder. I'm just being honest. After I finish this, I will probably purchase the M.A.C. one. But if I get another discount, I will probably get this again. I like the effect it gives whenever I take pictures. Looks like I have flawless skin, and yes I don't have flawless skin! TRUST ME!




0 comments em “Beauty Review: MUFE HD Microfinish Powder”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger