Friday, February 12, 2010

Beauty Review: IQQU Acne Serum and Jasmin Rice Scrub

FTC: I am not affiliated with IQQU or the owner of this company. I did not get paid to do this post or review and I paid the products with my own money.

NOTE THIS: This is my personal experience and I AM NOT STATING THAT THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU ALSO, so please be open minded since everyone has different skin type. Everyone will have different reaction to products. I am not here to ruin anyone's reputation. I am just stating my personal experience here.
IQQU ACNE SERUM
Website: http://iqqubeauty.com
Reviews from IQQU site: http://iqqubeauty.com/int/index.php/review/product/list/id/13/category/3/

According to iqqubeauty.com, this acne serum is a concentrated treatment that is designed to treat acne and redness. Non comedogenic. No fragrance. Paraben Free.

MY TAKE:
I don't even know how to begin with this review. I don't like to take my time reviewing a product I don't really like but some people emailed me telling me what I think about IQQU and I tell them I didn't like it and people asked me "but why?? its such a good product.. blah blah blah..." Ok so here goes...

I take pride in having a good skin [note: not great but good]. I might have break outs during my period but usually goes away and acne scars goes by after a week or two with the help of any whitening soap or cream.


Then why did I buy Acne serum...?
Of course I want to minimize the redness, hyrdates my skin (I have dry skin) and in their website it claims that acne serum hydrates the skin and also brightens up the skin and also has antioxidants. I thought it would also be good to minimize the acne I get during the time of the month. Boy, I was so wrong..

What IQQU Acne Serum claims:
☛ This product is for you if you want to hydrate your skin - ✘ It dried my face so bad even if I put my moisturizer, it is still dry!
☛ This product is for you if you want effective action to reduce acne - ✘ It made my acne worse! Some people in the review claimed that it also made their acne worse but after that, it got better. I used Acne serum on and off because its making my acne worse like after I apply it at night, one pimple with puss will come out the next day so I still apply it at night thinking it will cure that acne but the next day two acne came out so I decided to stop using it and the acne went away but after a couple of days I decided to try it again, and yes I was right, it happened again.
☛ This product is for you if you want a skin detoxifying treatment - ✘
☛ This product is for you if you want to brighten your skin while treating your acne - ✘ I didn't see any brightness on my face at all. I think its the same.
☛ This product is for you if you want to sooth and renew your skin - ✘
☛ This product is for you if you want to provide your skin with antioxidants without irritation - ✘
☛ This product is for you if you want enzymatic complex to control oily skin - ✘ Maybe that's why it didn't work for me because I have dry skin?


The packaging is also not good because it took me several pumps for the product to come out. And this is what IQQU stated, "Turn the bottle upside down and pump. The product will come out. Pressure changed during air shipping, so you have to give it good pumps, once you create the vacuum, it will dispense normally. Thats why we are having this sale to improve by creating new packaging that everyone will find effective"

And a person who reviewed IQQU also stated that the Acne serum broke her out and this is what the IQQU stated, "You probably broke out first because of the retinol, it usually happens for 1 week. After the first week, the skin should get use to the retinol and clear up. Also, remember to wear sunscreen over the acne serum to product your skin from further irritation. "


IQQU should state this on their label that you are PROBABLY GOING TO BREAK OUT BECAUSE OF THE RETINOL! and should warn people that has sensitive skina about this.

I have tweeted before, "My acne scars is slowly fading, thanks to IQQU." Do you guys remember that Tweet? I think I spoke too soon because the next day, I broke out like no other.. *sigh*

Also note that I was using same old products that I was using before I broke out. The only addition to my skin care routine are the IQQU products.

I TOLD YOU GUYS MY SKIN IS SO UGLY RIGHT NOW. THIS IS ONLY HALF OF MY FACE. IMAGINE WHAT MY OTHER CHEEK and FOREHEAD LOOKS LIKE? *Sigh*

I FEEL SO EMBARRASSED POSTING THESE PICTURES. :(


Here are some reviews which shares what I feel about IQQU Acne Serum: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=320168

I didn't bother to email them about this. Maybe I should have before I even reviewed this product but what for? It doesn't change anything - it still didn't work out for me. Also they don't have a good return policy. They only accept those unusued or unopened product. For an expensive product like this, at least have a good return policy.



JASMIN RICE SCRUB

According to iqqubeauty.com,
This luxurious rice scrub is a delight for the skin using the finest organic jasmine rice grown in Asia. The rice is hand milled to perfection to smooth away any dullness to the skin. The delicious scent is reminisce of a bowl of fresh rice, making this scrub a treat for the skin. This scrub is paraben free and should be used at night once every 2 days.

The young rice scrub and rice
bran oil is enriched with vitamin
E, a natural powerful anti-oxidant.
This creamy scrub firms the skin
and reduces wrinkles while
balancing the skin's complexion.
There is a natural exfoliation effect from
the young rice scrub. Furthermore, it
helps whiten the skin. This creamy 
scrub gives a natural moisturizing
effect that keeps the skin looking
healthy and young.


This scrub actually smells delicious. Smells like a cake batter, but when I 1st got it, I couldn't stop smelling it. I almost wanted to eat it. The grains of this scrub is very fine.

✔ After using this, it did make my face softer.
✔ I love the smell, it really smells delicious and the smell stays on my face even after I washed it.

✘ My skin gets a little red whenever I use it. I think its because my skin is so sensitive, its just reacting to the grains of this product. No big deal because the redness goes away.
✘ It contains MINERAL OIL -  I also read about some articles about mineral oil that is bad for acne prone skin: http://www.acnetalks.com/pimple/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=574&Itemid=9&mosmsg=Thanks+for+your+vote!

In that article, it stated there that, "But, certainly mineral oil is not an appropriate choice for using on a very oily or acne prone skin that does not need any more emollient as excess of mineral oil can be harmful. The good thing about mineral oil is that it does not clog pores, in fact, it decreases inflammation in acne patients but the products containing this ingredient are actually too oily for clients. According to some people, mineral oil found in Vaseline and or any other kind of petroleum jelly worsen the acne leading of severe pimples on the face. The truth according to few people are that mineral oil can have adverse effect on acne skin care. It would not help in treating acne instead, would definitely worsen it by making your skin more oily. So, use only mineral oil free cosmetic and beauty products to have an acne free skin."

So what is the truth about MINERAL OIL?! I Direct Messaged Michelle Phan about my concern regarding the Mineral oil in the Jasmin Rice Scrub but I never got an answer. I understand that she gets lots of emails and probably don't have time to answer all of them. This is the time that she needs to get associates in order to help her answer her costumer's questions. Good costumer service is a plus in a company.

Now this review doesn't have anything to do with Michelle Phan - me liking her or not because honestly, I watch her videos and truly think she's an awesome make up artist, so please don't ask me if I still LIKE HER OR NOT just because her products did not work for me. I don't want to judge a person that I don't know personally.

OVERALL: I won't repurchase.

0 comments em “Beauty Review: IQQU Acne Serum and Jasmin Rice Scrub”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger