Friday, June 12, 2009

Beauty Review: Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm


NOTE: Try this product at your own risk. If it works for me, it does not mean it will work for you too. Everyone has different types of skin. My skin consists of dry -combination - sensitive type of skin.


CLINIQUE TAKE THE DAY OFF CLEANSING BALM

Yes I did a review on this product last year. This is the link to my old review on this product:

Last Year, when I decided I want to buy this, I had a hard time finding it. The husband actually went to several MACYS just to get this one for me. The reason why is because they told him that they are discontinuing this product because not much people buy it. I was skeptical on trying it when I heard about that because why on earth would they discontinue a product if it works? But I tried it anyway, and guess what? I LOVE IT!!!

Description from Sephora.com
  • Lightweight Cleansing Balm quickly dissolves tenacious eye and face make ups, including those with sunscreen. Transforms from a solid balm to a silky, fluid oil upon application. Cleans thoroughly, Rinses-off completely. Non-greasy. Non-drying. For all Skin Types.

Application:

1. Begin with a face full of make up. Here I am using UDPP as my primer, MAC eyeshadows, UD Waterproof Eyeliner and Mascara. Also I am using Sunscreen, Primer, and L'egere BB Cream - yup tons of make up!

2. Apply the Clinique Cleansing Balm in all areas of your face. Apply more to the areas where you think its necessary.

3. Gently massage your face especially to the areas where you have "heavy make up" on like your eyes. You will notice that your make up is slowly "melting" Continue to rub until you don't feel the mascara on your lashes no more.

4. Take a clean cotton pad and wet it with warm water then gently rub it on your eyes, removing all the eye make up.

5. You'll see how dirty your cotton pad be. :p

6. Rinse your face with lukewarm water then proceed with your regular cleanser after. Make sure to use a clean towel to dry your face. And please when you dry your face, don't rub, just pat.

PROS:
I started using this October of 2008 and let me tell you that this is the reason why I don't get that much acne. I don't break out often. You may ask, why do I think that? Because when I ran out of this Balm, I switched to another Make Up Remover, and I started breaking out - mostly on my chin area and forehead. But I repurchased this last month and my skin cleared up right away. I think its because this removes all of my make up and dirt that causes acne. I use sunscreen and not all of the make up removers I tried removes sunscreen. The Make up remover I purchased before does not even remove my eyeliner entirely. But this Cleansing Balm does! It is very gently to the eye area, it does not sting, and removes even my waterproof mascara!

It received 5 stars from Sephora.com and almost all of them like this Balm. I am telling you guys, I think this is the reason why I don't get monthly break out anymore - only the times I get lazy to wash my face and what you know, the next morning, hello zits! lol.

CONS: They might discontinue it! [I am hoping they won't please...]. When you put it on, it will become very greasy and oily and it blurs your eyes for a second which might annoy you. [it does not annoy me any longer. I got used to it because when you rinse it off, your eyesight will go back to normal] I don't like the smell - well, it does not smell anything! Haha. I am just used to things that smells something. :P

Oh, it is not very hygienic since its in a tub so you have to make sure every time you dip your fingers on that tub, they better be clean!

OVERALL: What do you think? Of course I will repurchase! I will get back ups if I need to!

0 comments em “Beauty Review: Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger