Friday, March 5, 2010

Beauty Review: ~H2O Sea Results Eye Mender Plus

NOTE: Try this product at your own risk. If it works for me, it does not mean it will work for you too. Everyone has different types of skin. My skin consists of dry - combination - sensitive type of skin.

Information and image from www.h2oplus.com


SEA RESULTS EYE MENDER PLUS


According to www.h2oplus.com, this eye cream is a rejuvinating eye cream that helps reduce under eye puffiness and wrinkles while helping prevent the formation of future lines.


Here are the benefits that the website claims: Those participating in a consumer panel test reported that after a period of 28 days of continued daily use, a 47% decrease in wrinkle depth, a 24% reduction in puffiness and 19% increase in firmness was observed. This marine-infused eye cream delivers intensive ongoing hydration to help replenish dry, dehydrated skin while providing antioxidant protection to help reduce the effects of free-radical induced damage.

Usage: apply to eye contour morning and night

Here is the ingredients and the complete details about it:
Marine Micropatch Technology - A virtual hydration patch that delivers a molecular matrix of hydration over the skin's surface. The matrix consists of two sea-derived polymers: marine collagen and alginate. It releases a small moisture-replenishing molecule, serine, that is slowly diffused into the skin. Proven immediate anti-dehydration action with long-term preservation of the dermal water reserve.

Sea Mineral Complex™ - Comprised of sea-derived sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium. Works as a moisture transportation system to maximize the delivery of sea botanicals, extracts and other key ingredients.

Monk's Pepper Berry - Derived from the Chaste tree, this liposomal delivered material provides anti-inflammatory properties while helping to visibly reduce the depth of dermal creases and fine lines while increasing elasticity and firmness.

Sepilift - Strengthens collagen fibers, improves skin elasticity and combats skin-damaging free radicals. Helps increase moisture of the skin by 18% after 28 days of regular application.

Himanthalia - Derived from brown algae, it supplies vitamin C and minerals and has both antioxidant and antiseptic properties. Combined with spirulina and nori to create our anti-aging blend, it enhances the skin's elasticity to minimize fine lines while smoothing and revitalizing skin texture and appearance.

Spirulina - Derived from blue algae, it contains vitamins A, F, E, beta-carotene, calcium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. Has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Combined with himanthalia and nori to create our anti-aging blend, it enhances the skin's elasticity to minimize fine lines while smoothing and revitalizing skin texture and appearance.

Nori - Derived from red algae, it contains vitamin A and beta-carotene and supplies fatty and amino acids to firm the skin. Combined with spirulina and himanthalia to create our anti-aging blend, it enhances the skin's elasticity to minimize fine lines while smoothing and revitalizing skin texture and appearance.

Sodium Hyaluronate - A moisturizing agent that is capable of binding many times its own weight in water.

Japanese Green Tea Extract - Has soothing and anti-oxidant properties.

Paraguay Tea Extract - Has soothing and anti-oxidant properties.

Shea Butter - Derived from the shea nut, it is an excellent natural moisturizer that not only soothes and protects from environmental damage, but also restores skin suppleness, increases moisturization, and improves the appearance of dry skin.

Provitamin B - A vitamin B complex that has moisturizing properties to help restore and maintain natural skin moisture. A cellular nutrient, it not only has anti-inflammatory properties but also soothes irritated skin and promotes skin hydration and the tightening of skin.

Vitamin A - Retinyl Palmitate. Used to help increase the skins elasticy.Softens and smooths the skin. Has antioxidant properties.

Vitamin C - Ascorbic Acid. This material has antioxidant properties and is used to clarify and brighten skin.

Vitamin E - Listed in most products as Tocopherol or Tocopheryl Acetate. This material is a powerful anti-oxidant. Promotes moisturization and makes the skin feel soft. Helps prevent cell membrane damage in the tissues.


My Take:
I haven't heard some of these ingredients before but I love that the website explains each ingredients and what it does to our skin. I started using this late November and now its March so its been 4 months since I started using it, and I still have lots inside the jar so it really is worth it. However, like any products, there are PROS and there are CONS.


PROS: 
✔ Whenever I work 16 hours (from 02:30pm - 7:00am the next day), I notice that my eyes gets puffy in the morning. We all hate that do we? But whenever I use the eye cream, I notice that my eyes are less puffy in the morning, and I look more awake. My co-workers think I got lots of rest at night. What they don't know is even if I don't work double, I still don't sleep early. :P

✔ It has anti-aging properties. Of course we all want to prevent crow's feet. You don't want to get this in an early age:
(image from google.com)

✔ It hydrates my eyes, it makes it look more awake and also noticed that it soften the lines of my eyes. Although I don't have that much lines yet. Of course if you use lots of eye make up, you need a good eye cream to prevent further premature wrinkles.

✔` My eyes also looks brighter. My mother is addicted to this eye cream. When she was running out of her eye cream, she asked me if she can have some of mine so she won't miss a day of putting the eye cream. She has a bad case of dark circles, and it helps brightens her under eye.

✔ A Little goes a long way. The jar can lasts up to 5 months.


CONS:
✘ The price is so expensive. $36 for 15 mL.

✘ Its only available at ~h2o stores and at ~h20 online store. Very limited stores worldwide.

✘ For me, it doesn't absorb right away. I have to massage it for a couple of minutes for it to get absorb. I'm not sure if that's me, because when I read some reviews, they said it absorbs in their skin right away.


OVERALL: I give it ★★★★✩. I would have given it 5 stars if only there are a lot of ~h2o stores around but the closest one from where I live is at Glendale, Ca and that's one hour and half away. Also, right now they're  having a FREE SHIPPING with any $50 purchase. Just enter searesults. Take advantage of their All Sea Results Anti-Aging Formulas Buy 2 Get 1 Free.


I have talked to my Ophthalmologist and she gave me some pointers on how we can take  better care of our eyes. It is very important that we take care of our eyes in an early age.

➠ Use an anti-aging eye cream that will prevent wrinkles
➠ Use hypo-allergenic mascara and eyeliner to help prevent infections in the eye
➠ Always use eye drops that will help hydrate our tired eyes
➠ Use sunglasses to avoid sunspots, red veins in the white area of our eye, and wrinkles
➠ Get a yearly eye exam

Hope my review is helpful for everyone who is looking for an eye cream. There are different eye creams out there, and we should start caring for our eyes. Prevention is better of course, than wait for us to get those wrinkles.

FTC: I did not get paid to review this product. I bought this with my own money. I am not affiliated with this company.

0 comments em “Beauty Review: ~H2O Sea Results Eye Mender Plus”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger