Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Beauty Review: Nars Sheer Glow

NOTE: Try this product at your own risk. If it works for me, it does not mean it will work for you too. Everyone has different types of skin. My skin consists of dry - combination - sensitive type of skin.

FTC: I bought this product with my own money. I did not get paid to do this review, I am not affiliated with the company and this review is only based on my experience.


NARS SHEER GLOW

(image and description from sephora.com)


What it is:
✿A glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage.

What it does:
✿This Sheer Glow Foundation enhances, without masking, your overall natural complexion The weightless formula hydrates the skin while complexion brightening properties improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture, leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow.

What else you need to know:
✿Suitable for normal, normal-to-dry, dry, and very dry skin types.

MY TAKE:

I am not really a foundation wearer during the day. I prefer using BB cream or any tinted moisturizer because it feels much lighter. But when Giang mentioned it on twitter (she is a great enabler and i loveee her ) on how nice Nars Sheer Glow is, I caved in and got it for myself. I got this sometime in June, and had been using this for day time foundation.

What I like about it?
● It has nice coverage and it hides the imperfections well
● It does makes my skin glow (refer to the pictures)
● It does makes my skin looks bright - it claims that it improves skin brightness
● It doesn't leave a white cast when taking pictures
● It's not cake-y at all. It leaves the skin looking natural
● It didn't break me out
● It's moisturizing, left my skin hydrated




What I don't like about it?
● The price. It's $42 - yeah pretty expensive
● It doesn't have a pump. Sometimes I pour out too many, and ended up wasting it as I don't like putting it back to the bottle
● Some people don't like foundations without SPF (this doesn't bother me but I just added it)

OVERALL
✿ This product has more PROS than CONS and I like it a lot. It's hard for me to find foundation that doesn't break me out as my skin is so sensitive. I also use MUFE HD foundation which I prefer to use it during night time. I will definitely purchase Nars sheer glow again :)




0 comments em “Beauty Review: Nars Sheer Glow”

Post a Comment

 

all in health Copyright © 2012 -- Powered by Blogger